Moving files

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
onerock

Moving files

Post by onerock »

I am attempting to move compressed files from my FTP site. I have set it up but the files are not being detected and moved. I am not sure what I am doing incorrectly.

Folder 2 = "SFTP" one way to Folder 1 "Local folder." The Include/Exclude is blank. Filter tab has "Compressed File|*.bz2;*.cab;*.gz;*.lzh;*.tar;*tgz;*.z;*.zip" and the "Include Subfolder" as well as "Exclude the designated types above" unchecked and all other boxes in this tab, unchecked. In the Delete tab, the top section is set for "do nothing" and the "delete files for save space" is set for "Delete the source file.

Please let me know what I might have missed. Thanks in advance. Scott
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Moving files

Post by RiseFly »

Please note "Delete the source file" will not just delete files unless the source files are copied to the target. If no file is need to be copied, then no file is deleted from the source folder.
onerock

Post by onerock »

I understand this. It is on the Ftp side and want to move it to the local folder. It doesn't in the local folder. With the settings that I noted previously, why isn't the files being copied over?
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Please try to add some new *.zip files to the FTP folder to see if the task try to move it to the local folder.
onerock

Post by onerock »

Files are added to the FTP side on a daily basis. None of them are moving from the FTP folder to the local drive.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Sorry for replying you late.
I have tested this issue, but tasks works correctly.
Please check if the account has the privilege to delete the files from the FTP folder.