How to synchronize Outlook .PST file?

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
i-Ask

How to synchronize Outlook .PST file?

Post by i-Ask »

We have requirement for sync Outlook PST file to FTP storage. No of users in network 15.
Can you kindly proposed me the correct version and price for the requirement.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: How to synchronize Outlook .PST file?

Post by RiseFly »

If you need to synchronzie .PST files to FTP server, then you need Business License of BestSync. Because .PST files are always locked by Outlook, and BestSync need VSS option to copy the locked file. But I do not recommend you to synchronize .PST file directly, because even a small email is received, the whole .PST file is changed, and the task needs to transfer the whole large .PST file to FTP server, this is not a efficient way.

I recommend you to use the Outlook-Sync feature, this feature only transfer new emails and contacts etc to FTP server. And Premium License of BestSync 2012 is enough for this usage.

If you order the license at the following link, the discount will be applied automatically:
http://www.iportis.com/showcart.php?cart_id=237
Attachments
SyncOutlook
SyncOutlook
SyncOutlook.png (171.47 KiB) Viewed 6174 times
i-Ask

Post by i-Ask »

My requirement is we have nearly 15 mobile users and most of time they in field. Once they come to office and once connect to office network automatically detect and I backup of these users PST file.

Hope this will able with your software.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

BestSync can also synchronize .PST files to FTP server, just select the folder that contains PST file like the following graph:
[attachment=1]SyncPST.png[/attachment]
And need to select “Volume Shadow Copy”option like the following:
[attachment=0]VSS_PST.png[/attachment]
Please note, to use VSS option, you need to start BestSyncApp.exe as Adiministrator privilege, like the following:
http://www.risefly.com/fseqna_run.htm
Attachments
Sync PST File
Sync PST File
SyncPST.png (203.43 KiB) Viewed 6174 times
Volume Shadow Copy Option
Volume Shadow Copy Option
VSS_PST.png (172.91 KiB) Viewed 6174 times