Realtime Sync Slow and Network sync doesn't work

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
Luminari

Realtime Sync Slow and Network sync doesn't work

Post by Luminari »

I just installed BestSync 2014. After enabling realtime sync, I noticed that if I change a file, it gets added to the queue, and then sits there doing nothing for about 5 seconds before transferring the file. Why does it wait so long, and is there a way to remove the wait time before transferring the file?

Second problem is the source is a network drive. BestSync does not real time detect changes on the network drive at all. The network drive is a linux samba connection.
So far the only way I've found to update a change on the network side is to stop the task monitoring the changes and start it again.
What are my options here to improve this? Is there a way to get the mapped drive to detect changes? If not, is there a faster way to initiate a full scan than stopping and starting the task?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Realtime Sync Slow and Network sync doesn't work

Post by RiseFly »

For the waiting time, this is the way that real-time sync works, there is no way to remove the wait time.
For the second problem, not all the network folder supports real-time sync, especially for the linux samba connection. (Windows shared folder supports real-time sync). Please do not use real-time sync if you find the network drive not support real-time sync.