timestamp comparison not working anymore

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
webrod

timestamp comparison not working anymore

Post by webrod »

Hi,

since months, the latest version of the product has a big issue.
it was working fine with previous version, however now, when it copies a file on the FTP server it now updates the "last updated date" to the current time!!!

so let's say I have a file "my_file.txt" that is on the server since a long time.
I update the file locally, it is 09:00AM.

2 hours later (11:00AM), I decide to synch.
The tool will detect the local file is more recent, so it copies "my_file.txt" to the FTP server, and then update the last updated date time to 11:00AM (on the server side)!!

So if I run again the sycnh tool, it says the file has to be updated again because they don't have the same timestamp!!
Last updated time of the local file is 09:AM
last updated time of the file on the server is 11:00AM (I even checked with filezilla, it really changes the last updated time whatever the reason)

it is a non-ending story, each time I synch all files are selected now....

This was working nice before.

i also compared with my previous tool "syncovery", the behavior is correct. it only copies the file the first time. This is because it preserves the last updated date time (like bestsynch did in the past with older version). So the issue is not with my FTP server ('I use OVH)

so what's going wrong?

thanks,
Rod
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: timestamp comparison not working anymore

Post by RiseFly »

This problem may happen if BestSync can not detect that the server support setting time-stamp of the uploaded file. Could you please export the task setting to a file then send it to risefly@risefly.com, so that we can debug this problem?
Ian Clarke

Post by Ian Clarke »

I have been having the same problem and have had to revert to using an older version of BestSync.

The problem has been introduced somewhere between version 9.0.4.7 and version: 9.0.6.0

The problem is that when BestSync uploads a file to the ftp server, it changes the files time and date stamp to be the current time.

I hope that you can resolve this as I am currently having to use the older version of BestSync but this has other problems which I know have been fixed in the newer versions.
webrod

Post by webrod »

I installed the latest beta version and it works well.
If you want to keep your current version, I noticed the bug is not there if you connect through SFTP.
I only had the issue with FTP