certificate for webdav access

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
damytzeus

certificate for webdav access

Post by damytzeus »

hello:

when i attempt to connect to webdav site, i receive the following message:
"Failed to send request.(A certificate is required to complete client authentication)"

see attached screenshot. how do i enter/provide the certificate or bypass this message?

thank you.
Attachments
screenshot of error message.
screenshot of error message.
webdav certificate-9-30-2014 11-46-49.png (97.38 KiB) Viewed 5023 times
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: certificate for webdav access

Post by RiseFly »

BestSync uses the certificate store of Windows system.
You can install your certificate (from the WEBDAV server) to the "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" node of the certificate store. (Just double click the certificate, refer to the this link (http://www.risefly.com/help/wzftps.htm) to install the certificate.)
damytzeus

Post by damytzeus »

thank you for responding.
according the instructions on the page of the link that you posted, a popup dialog should appear. in my situation, no dialog popup appears. also, the instructions in the link refer to ftp. my situation is webdav. does that make a difference?
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

The certificate store of webdav and FTP is same, the point is that you need to install the certificate to "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" node of the certificate store, though the User interface may be different.