Why timestamp is the uploaded time, not the modified time?

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
RiseFly
Site Admin

Why timestamp is the uploaded time, not the modified time?

Post by RiseFly »

For some reason, files copied from one pc to another do not have the same dates. The file dates on the target pc are sometimes set to the current date time rather than the original file date time. As a result, when I try to sync again BestSync tries to copy the files from the target back to the source again.

Why is this happening and how can I fix the target file dates so they are correct? Note: I think this might have something to do with interrupted transfers.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Why timestamp is the uploaded time, not the modified tim

Post by RiseFly »

If the file system that the that task is synchronizing does not support setting timestamp to last-modified time (some of the FTP server, WebDAV storage, and most of the cloud storage can not set the timestamp) , this issue happens.
BestSync still can synchronize with this kind of file systems by remembering the timestamp of the file on server, and match the timestamp with the local file at the next sync. But if you synchronize the folders from different PCs, BestSync at other PC may synchronize all the files that were synchronized by other PC. To avoid the problem, before the first time synchronization, click "Action"/"Customized Preview"/"Synchronize Timestamp Only" to synchronize the timestamp of local and remote folder once.