Scanning whole structure on folder change? (Real Time sync)

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
ptaQ

Scanning whole structure on folder change? (Real Time sync)

Post by ptaQ »

Hi,

I've been testing BestSync for few days for my company.
We have a repository which needs to be in sync with another server in our network.
Repository has over 25.000.000 files, 10.000.000 directories, and stores 1,6TB of data.
We do full sync using ROBOCOPY, and need Best Sync to monitor file/folder changes and do the sync only on changed items.
However, I have setup a task and switched off every option with FULL SYNC, and yet, when I run the task it starts scanning EVERY file/folder in the repository upon first change notification.
I takes a lot of time, and what's worse the app crashes at some point without doing the job :/
Is there any posibility to prevent BestSync from scanning the structure and sync only notified data?

Another problem is - when I try to run BestSync as a service in the same task, it just stops - no action takes place, even I can see the notifications in the real time sync.

Can those problems be somehow fixed? It is a showstopper for us in running this tool as a production solution.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Scanning whole structure on folder change? (Real Time sy

Post by RiseFly »

Please try the BestSync 2015 (beta) to see if the problem has been fixed.
Because there are 25.000.000+10.000.000 files and folders, the memory usage may over the limit of 32Bit application, please use BestSync 64 bit version.