Upload bandwidth speed performance

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
gshaske

Upload bandwidth speed performance

Post by gshaske »

We are currently running the trial to determine if we want to use this software as part of our backup sync process to use across multiple of our clients. This will need to process larger files (60 - 300 GB. ), In doing an initial transfer of the larger file the file transfer rate seems limited to about 270 KB/s even though we have closer to 1000 KB/s available. If a second task kicks off while the file is processing, it will allow the second task an additional 270 KB/s for that file. There are no bandwidth limitations set in the task properties. Is this by design or maybe a limit of the demo version?

Thanks,

Gordon
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Upload bandwidth speed performance

Post by RiseFly »

Hello,

BestSync has not limited any speed bandwidth in the demo version. Any BestSync is designed to maximize the transfer speed.
May be the server or something else limited the speed.
If one thread is slow, you can setup multiple threads in the "Copy Options" to boost the speed to multiple times of one thread.

Best regards
RiseFly Software
gshaske

Post by gshaske »

I can transfer with the filezilla client at the maximum transfer rate to the same SFTP server so the server to which i am connecting is not the issue here. Parallel processing does not help here as I am not uploading a lot of small files. I need to be able to transfer a single 100+ GB file at the maximum transfer rate and I seem not to be able to with your software. Is there anything that can be done or looked at?
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Please try BestSync 2015 (beta) to see if there is any performance improvement.
The new version uses a more larger transferring buffer to improve the speed.
brainumbc

Post by brainumbc »

I'm curious as to if the user upgraded and noticed any difference.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

When the release version is updated, the new version checker function of BestSync will notify the new version and the modified history.