Folder Structure Not Syncing

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
Tracan

Folder Structure Not Syncing

Post by Tracan »

Hi,

I have a task to sync a folder on a PC to an FTP site. I have this task on multiple computers setup the same and it worked previously and seems to still be working for those, however on the last 2 PC's I've tried it isn't. The task is setup like below:

C:\Data Upload\Local (1 way sync) --> FTP Site

In the C:\Data Upload\Local folder I have a folder structure like:

TestFolder1 ->Subfolder1 ->File1
TestFolder2 -> File2
TestFolder3 -> Subfolder3
-> File3

Previously this structure was uploaded and kept its form, however now on the past 2 PC's it uploads with just everything in the first folder like:

TestFolder1 -> Subfolder1
-> File1
-> TestFolder2
-> File2
-> TestFolder3
->Subfolder3
-> File3

If I set the task to sync C:\Data Upload instead of C:\Data Upload\local it keeps the structure however then I have the local folder as an extra layer on the FTP site which is not desired.

Any ideas why this suddenly changed?
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Folder Structure Not Syncing

Post by RiseFly »

Please check if you have checked the "Include subfolders" option in the "Filter" setting tab.
Tracan

Post by Tracan »

Thanks for the reply, the include subfolders option is checked off on both PC's.

I did a couple more test syncs this morning with the same results. Then I deleted the files in the destination FTP site and synced again, it only synced TestFolder2 and TestFolder3 and their subfolders, no files and no TestFolder1 or its subfolders/files.

Cleared out the destination again and did a sync and only TestFolder1 and its subfolder uploaded, no files or TestFolder 2 and 3. Clearing the destination and syncing alternates between having folders 2 and 3 or 1 it seems now.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Could you please export the task setting to a file, then send it to risefly@risefly.com?
So that we can debug with the FTP server.
Tracan

Post by Tracan »

Thanks, task has been exported and sent to risefly@risefly.com
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Thank you for the task setting.
I have debugged with the FTP server, and found and fixed some compatible problem with the FTP server.
Please try BestSync 2015 (beta) to see if the new version has resolved the problem.
Tracan

Post by Tracan »

This is great thanks, I ran a few tests and created a new task and tested that as well.

This version seems to have fixed my issue. Thanks!