ftp sync errors

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
StudioEppelt

ftp sync errors

Post by StudioEppelt »

Hi, I set up a owncloud 6.04 on a linux server, using Bestsync 2010 ultimate to sync dedicated folders ( some folders are excluded by the name ) from my server (sbs_2010) to the owncloud. It´s about 9000 pictures in about 200 folders which are to be synchronized (round about 15Gb). I started the sync ( only one direction ) on the server on Friday morning and it´s still not complete, I got several error mails by bestsync, I attach the last one. What is the problem? The Preview shows a speed variating between 800 and 50 kb, in the average it´s mostly about 200 kb/s. Step by step bestsync is correcting the errors but at the moment 7000 errors are still open. A manual upload with filezilla works fine without these errors. What ´ve I to do to fix this problem?
Regards Christian
P.S. The errors also came up when I sync from a win 7 ultimate client, they don´t cam when I sync two local drives.
Attachments
best_sync_fail_20140705-213204.zip
(20.72 KiB) Downloaded 297 times
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: ftp sync errors

Post by RiseFly »

Hello, you are using an very old version.
Please try BestSync 2015 (beta) to see if there is any improvement.
StudioEppelt

Post by StudioEppelt »

Hi bought the newest version (ultimate) now it works, it doesn´t stop with a tmp bestsync ... but I´ve now some other problems:

I sync from my server (sbs 2011) to a ftp server inthe web. Only to the ftp, no sync back.

1.In the job I lock folders by the word "_nosync" , looks like this : clientX_nosync works fine. Now I´ve unlocked this folder on my localdrive by renaming to clientX. The folder is synchronized to the ftp with all subfolders. But not the content of these folders (except the thumbs.db, and this one is is excluded) . The folders are even not synchronized when I put a new file in.

2. By the broken uploads I had a lot of bestsync.tmp files on my ftp. So I selected delete all files on the ftp which are not on my local drive. Didn´t work, I´ve to delete all tmp files manually, which is quiet a lot of work, because there a lot of subfolders

3. The speed of scanning and sync. I know I´ve not the best upload speed, but using filezilla I reach in the middle 4-500 kb/s. Actually I´m looking on my rdp screen and see bestsync scanning. I started this job about 40 minutes ago ( it´s the only one which is on duty at the moment ) and it´s still scanning, I´ve put a new folder in my local drive and it is still not synced. That´s seem for me a littlebit curious, because for this oneway sync it should be only necessary to control the local drive - or?

the local folder has 2012 subfolders withabout 60000 datas. but the most of these folders and in this way the most of the pictures are blocked , bestsync is actually showing "scan (5970)" ( I think we are talking of about 100 not blocked folders andabout 2000 pictures )
Regards Christian
Attachments
slow.JPG
slow.JPG (42.57 KiB) Viewed 5081 times
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

May be BestSync is not very compatible with the FTP server, could you please export the task setting to an .xfsi file and send it to me (risefly(a)risefly.com), so that I can debug the task and try to make improvements in BestSync.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Thank you for the task setting.
I have tested the task, and have confirmed that BestSync can synchronize with the server without problem.
Because the FTP server does not response quickly, and you said that there are 2012 sub-folders, it may take very long time (may be tens of minutes) to detected changed files (scanning files and comparing the timestamp). So if you add some new files to the folder, they will not be synchronized immediately.
Because your task is an one way sync task, it is safe to use the following option to improve the synchronization speed:
[attachment=0]OnlyScanSrc.png[/attachment]

The first time synchronization will still take long time to scan the files, but from the second time, BestSync will use a local database to detect the changed files.
Attachments
Only scann source folder
Only scann source folder
OnlyScanSrc.png (31.48 KiB) Viewed 5069 times