Failing Verification FTP

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
dfp

Failing Verification FTP

Post by dfp »

I seem to have a issue with files downloading properly from a FTP server. They seem to be missing chunks often of the file download often. If I turn on file verification it sometimes goes over and over again to finally complete the one file. I havent seemed to have an issue until recently. Am on the latest register x64 version
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Failing Verification FTP

Post by RiseFly »

Please check whether you have checked the "Binary mode" in "Transfer Mode" of the "Advanced" setting when setup the FTP folder.
Or please try if the new BestSync 2015 (beta, on the download page) to see if the problem has been resolved.
dfp

Post by dfp »

Thanks, checked that it is definitely set to binary mode in advanced. Will try the new beta next. Thanks
dfp

Post by dfp »

Just confirming this is still occuring for me in the latest beta.

Large video downloads have glitches in them, where they have failed to download parts of the file from ftp server correctly. Probably happening to 40% of video files synced from ftp server. Fine on the source server.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

May be BestSync is not very compatible with the FTP server, could you please export the task setting to an .xfsi file and send it to me (risefly(a)risefly.com), so that I can debug the task and try to make improvements in BestSync.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Thank you for the setting file.
I have tested download/upload two large files to a test folder of your server, the result perfect.
You can monitor your task by start the preview and start the task in the preview, then watch the log at the bottom of the preview to see if any error happens.
May be you have set two many threads that over the capicity of the FTP server, please try to reduce the thread number to 8 in the "Copy Options" to see if any improvement.