"Start task when this application starts" Not Working

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
gmar234

"Start task when this application starts" Not Working

Post by gmar234 »

Somehow I can't get the feature "Start task when this application starts" into work (Ver 9.0.6.2).
In the task list window the task shows the green flag, but whatever I tried, after BestSync started the task is not active, status says "Has not synchronized yet" and has to be started manually.

Configuring as task or run as service makes no difference.
Tried also automatic start with elevated rights (risefly.com/fseqna_run.htm): no improvement

Does it maybe have sth to do with task being 2-way- and real-time-sync between a local folder and a network share?
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: "Start task when this application starts" Not Working

Post by RiseFly »

I have tested this problem on BestSync 2015 (beta), the result is OK.
Could you please try BestSync 2015 (beta) in the download page to see if the problem is resolved?
gmar234

Post by gmar234 »

Configuring as "run as service" at a 32-bit Windows 8.1 tablet works.
At a Windows 7 64-bit PC the reported behavior is still there - maybe it's an issue of the 64-bit BestSync version(?)

Many thanks for your tests at BestSync 2015 (beta) - please understand I don't want to install a beta version in parallel.
For now it's o.k. for me to do two mouse clicks after start-up as it's a working place PC and no autonomous running server.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

The beta version is should be more stable than the released version (because it has fixed some memory-leak bugs). It remains as beta version is because our code-signing certificate has been expired, we can not sign the new release until we get the new code-signing certificate.