Rackspace Cloud Large Files Get Random names

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
bbegy@spotlite.com

Rackspace Cloud Large Files Get Random names

Post by bbegy@spotlite.com »

I have large database backup files with names that contain their database name and backup date.

For example

Customers_DB_2014_05_19_Full.bak is an 11GB full backup of our Customers database file created on May 19.
Sales_DB_2014_05_16_Full.bak is a 14GB full backup of our Sales database file created on May 16.

Best Sync seems to create a series of 50MB files in my Rackspace Cloud Files account. That's fine, but when I sync back down to a second location, I get file names like this:

_BS8_3FLJEHR2N7HQC_027AD2D600_02_00_MD5_C326145048CF6AB74F296EF64BC4246A_KBZG6ZC7KJSWG33SMRJWQ33QL4.BS_.bak

So I don't know which file this is nor on what date it was created. Is there a fix for this?
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Rackspace Cloud Large Files Get Random names

Post by RiseFly »

According to the specification of Rackspace Cloud Files, a huge file should be uploaded in segments (one file 50 mega bytes), after all the segments are uploaded, the segments are linked to one file.
If you synchronize the folder from other location before the huge file is uploaded completely, the temporary files may be downloaded to the other location.
Please try to exclude "_BS8_*.*" in the "Filter" setting to see if the problem can be resolved.
BestSync 2015 (beta) has fixed a bug when upload huge file to Rackspace Cloud Files, please try it.