Dropbox Oauth error

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
yorkshiregeek

Dropbox Oauth error

Post by yorkshiregeek »

Hi There

I want to connect to my drop box but when the Outh screen appears I enter my login and password for dropbox but it says "There was a problem completing your request"

I do not user a proxy. Any ideas to solve?

Thanks
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Dropbox Oauth error

Post by RiseFly »

May be you should retry the OAuth login. Or please check if you have input the correct account and password.
yorkshiregeek

Post by yorkshiregeek »

Its definitely the correct password besides if you enter an incorrect password you get a different warning about it.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Could you please tell me what version of Internet Explorer are you using?
If it is IE 9 before, please try to update Internet Explorer to version 9 later.
yorkshiregeek

Post by yorkshiregeek »

Ah ok the server is running windows 2003 so we can not upgrade beyond IE7. Can we get round this?

Thanks
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

May be the the version of IE component is too low to run the the javascript of DropBox OAUTH2.
Because the HTML page is accessed from DropBox, so we have no work round except you upgrade the IE.
jw stephenson

Post by jw stephenson »

I have a similar error when trying to attach to dropbox account. The BestSync app starts IE11 for the login and it shows my folders in the IE window so it appears to be properly logged in. However, at the top of the window is states "Only a limited set of users can receive access tokens while this app is in development mode". When this window goes away, a pink banner is at the top of the window stating that Dropbox doesn't support your browser (obviously not correct since it pulled up IE11). Hitting the red "X" on this pink banner shows a normal dropbox online window with full functionality. Closing that window, to get access back to BestSync, brings up a window 'Have not logged in the server by OAuth successfully, do you want to close the dialogbox?". When answering Yes, the BestSync returns "{"error": Request token has not been properly authorized by a user."} and the BestSync software cannot see any folders in Dropbox.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I email Risefly using "Contact Us" as well.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Please wait some days for Bestsync being appoved by DropBox.
jw stephenson

Post by jw stephenson »

The BestSync App has apparently been approved by Dropbox and thus the "Only a limited set of ... " has gone away. I am now able to backup directly to Dropbox.