BestSync 2014 gives manu FTP errors

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
ajjbotes

BestSync 2014 gives manu FTP errors

Post by ajjbotes »

When transferring a lot of files (about 800 Mb), I get lots of FTP errors.
The result is I have 6497 successe and 682 failures after more than 9 retries.

Doing tranfers with a normal FTP client only gives some minimal connecting to srver pronlems.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: BestSync 2014 gives manu FTP errors

Post by RiseFly »

You can confirm what error happened when synchronizing the files by start the preview of the task and press the start button.
Could you please save the log at the bottom of the preview windows of the task to a file, then post it here?
ajjbotes

Post by ajjbotes »

Attachment feature complains about the extension when I try and upload the log file.
I have tried different extensions with no luck.
ajjbotes

Post by ajjbotes »

Trying with zip file.
Attachments
Log20140301-09.zip
(163.44 KiB) Downloaded 317 times
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Thank you for the log file.
I have read the log file, I think that the cause of 550 errors may be that the FTP server does not understand %## encoded file name. "%## encoded file name" is for non-ASCII characters.
Is it possible that you use other FTP server, or let the developer of the FTP server to accept %## encoded file name.
ajjbotes

Post by ajjbotes »

That is ok I have now removed those files from the backup. They were not that important.
What about all the other connection problems?
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

The cause of the following connection errors is that you have not configured the firewall setting correctly.

winsock:Connect:error:(0x0000274d):No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
winsock:Receive::Error.:error:(0x00002746):An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
winsock:Send:error:(0x00002745):An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
winsock:Send:error:(0x0000274c):A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

The FTP protocol is not friendly to firewall. One FTP session uses two TCP/IP ports, one for transporting the command (usually uses port 21), the other is for transporting the file (the port range is set at FTP server side if the passive mode is used, or set at the client side if active mode is used.). You must add the command port and data port range to the allowed list of the firewall of the BestSync machine and FTP server machine.