How to completely ignore old folders on a ftp?

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
Yoshua

How to completely ignore old folders on a ftp?

Post by Yoshua »

Hello,

if i want to synchronize a ftp with several thousand folders and there are files in each folder, how can i completely ignore old folders?

ftp
|_Folder 5100 <-created today
|_Folder 5099 <-created today
|_Folder 5098 <-created yesterday
|_Folder 5097 <-created yesterday
|_Folder 5096 <-created yesterday
|_Folder 5095 <-created a week ago
|_Folder 5094 <-created a week ago
|_Folder 5093 <-created a week ago
|_Folder 5092 <-created a week ago

Just as an example. What would i have to do in order for Bestsync to completely ignore Folders 0001 to 5095... not even scan them.... just scan and look into and synchronize folders that have been created today and yesterday.

I have tried with the filter option "by time stamp" and "In the past specified time" (2 days) in combination with the Exclude / Include option: Only synchronize new sub folders

But when i preview the job, it still looks into thousands of old folders... takes up too much time...

Thank you for your time!
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: How to completely ignore old folders on a ftp?

Post by RiseFly »

Thank you for contacting us.
I'm sorry that BestSync has not this kind of option now, but we are considering to add this kind of option in the future version.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: How to completely ignore old folders on a ftp?

Post by RiseFly »

We have released version 9.0.5.6, the new version has added the following option to filter sub-folders by time stamp.
[attachment=0]filter_folder_tm.png[/attachment]
Please use this option carefully. If this option is selected, new files under an older folder will not be synchronized.
Attachments
Filter Folder by time stamp
Filter Folder by time stamp
filter_folder_tm.png (26.62 KiB) Viewed 3753 times