File corrupted during WebDAV sync

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
sroutier

File corrupted during WebDAV sync

Post by sroutier »

Hello,

We are using BestSync to download all changes (additions) done to a WebDAV folder. The task is scheduled to run once a day during off-peak hours.
This, as far as we can tell, has worked without any problems in the past but we just noticed that one document (PDF) was corrupted on the receiving end after being synchronized with BestSync. The BestSync log shows a success, the number of bytes transferred is correct and there are no errors or warnings on the server side. We also tried running BestSync from two different client computers and both times got the same corrupted file, with the exact same MD5 checksum (strange!). All other WebDAV clients that we tried (CyberDuck and BitKinex) were able to sync the file without any problems.

Would you have any ideas?
Would you be able to assist us in perhaps turning some debug logging in BestSync to get a better idea of what the problem might be?

Thank you.
/Seb.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: File corrupted during WebDAV sync

Post by RiseFly »

Could you please send me (risefly(a)risefly.com) a test account? Put the problem file in the folder that I can access, so that I can debug this problem.
sroutier

Post by sroutier »

Hello,

Just to let everybody know, the issue has been resolved. We were dealing with a 3rd party WebDAV provider that did not implement range request when serving a file. Once the said range request was implemented on the server side downloading files with BestSync started to work with out problems.

Thank you.
/s
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Hello sroutier ,
Thank you for the feedback information.