how can bestsync ignore time different

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
isalie

how can bestsync ignore time different

Post by isalie »

[attachment=0]QQ截图20130818195115.png[/attachment]
I have two computers work correctly, A and B.
Different computer have a program to compute a output.
Computer A has more input files so it's output is more complete;
the other one B has less input file so it's output is not so complete

what i want to do is compare difference between A and B, if A has file that not held in B, then transfer it to B

cause most of files in A is same as B, i mean filename, file size ,but different in file time .

now the problem comes, bestsync think file time different means file different.
how can i just sync the missing file hold in A to B, ignore the different file time.
Attachments
QQ截图20130818195115.png
QQ截图20130818195115.png (32.97 KiB) Viewed 8997 times
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: how can bestsync ignore time different

Post by RiseFly »

Could you please tell me why the files are same but the time stamps are different?
If this is the occasional case, you can use "Action"/"Customized Preview"/"Synchronize Timestamp Only" to sync the time-stamp once, otherwise BestSync can not ignore the time difference.
isalie

Post by isalie »

Computer A and B use same data source provided by satellite receiver. Because different level authority, computer A has more data. The the program run in A and B is same, so the files generated by program ran in A and B is different in time but same in file size and file name. Output in A is more plentiful than B, so i want to copy the file that not hold in B from A.

That's All, thanks for your help
isalie

Post by isalie »

Most files hold in A is not necessary to be transferred to B, if use bestsync now ,we must transfer almost 200G file everyday. In fact, it's only 4-5 G file should be transferred. Can i use bestsync, or i must write something all by myself?
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

You can use "Action"/"Customized Preview"/"Synchronize Timestamp Only" to synchronize the time stamp of files that have same name and size once.
Then BestSync can synchronize the different files only.
It is best If the satellite receiver can copy the timestamp of the files from the source.
matthelm

Post by matthelm »

I've lost root on my Android phone, so can the FTP sever on it, can no longer set the date and time on files. (because Google won't fix the bug that has been around FOREVER) I can't let it write to the microSD card over and over.

Is there anyway we can get an option to ignore the timestamp stamp, and just check file size, or something like that????? Please?????? :cry: Should never have dropped root.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

BestSync can synchronize with the android folder through BestDAV (android WebDAV server).
BestDAV can manager the time-stamp of Android file even the android does not support modifying time stamp of existing file.
You can just select the "Android" file system in the folder browser of BestSync.
matthelm

Post by matthelm »

Tried it before, and it's just too slow (at a guess, 10-50th the speed of FTP), and this time (non-rooted) I can't even get it to write anything to the external SD card!

I'm going to get an unlocked phone soon, and I just do without until then. (unlocked, I don't have to deal with the horrible SD card support Google has)