Please replace "no hit file" with "Source = Destination"

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
alan9876

Please replace "no hit file" with "Source = Destination"

Post by alan9876 »

A Linux Boot Glitch trashed 500 GB of NTFS "Used Space" on a secondary HDD into RAW Unallocated, and also changed it from GPT to MBR.

Source and Destination paths are the results of separate attempts at recovering those files with high powered Windows recovery tools,
and I wanted to test how random and variable were the results of those two attempts.
I launched BestSync to compare and was told "(path} <==> {path}-Preview completed, no hit file."

There were no differences shown between the contents of the two paths.
I am not accustomed to seeing ",no hit file" and assumed that this was a warning of a FAILURE to compose a hit file and that this failure prevented normal completion of the preview.
I spent half an hour looking for some strange Access restriction might prevent BestSync from composing or using a "hit file",
and wondering if the Linux Glitch had also damaged Windows.

Eventually I tried adding a file to the contents of the destination path and that was then detected in Preview,
and I no longer saw the negative phrase "no hit file".

"no hit file" is negative and sounds like bad news because something is missing.
"Source = Destination" would be good news and more appropriate in this situation (which I hope never to see again).

Regards
Alan
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Please replace "no hit file" with "Source = Destination"

Post by RiseFly »

Hello,
Thank you for the good suggestion. Version 8.0.21 has modified the string.
alan9876

Re: Please replace "no hit file" with "Source = Destination"

Post by alan9876 »

Many thanks.

Once again I am greatly impressed at your speed of improvements.

Regards
Alan