Ignore 1 hour difference - how

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
shx

Ignore 1 hour difference - how

Post by shx »

I have 2 folders that I am comparing. Because one computer clock was not set properly, everything in one folder is an hour later then the other folder. and Bestsync flags them as changed even though they are the same.

Is there any way of saying to ignore the 1 hour difference. Both of these folders are located now on the same computer.

Thanks

Steven
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Ignore 1 hour difference - how

Post by RiseFly »

You must set the time clock of the computers be correct, otherwise the tasks can not synchronize the files correctly.
shx

Post by shx »

thanks
alan9876

Post by alan9876 »

It might be a tremendous benefit if BestSync could accommodate a 1 hour discrepancy due to Summer / Winter clock changes.

Ten years ago the I.T. department governed the company network and servers as a communal resource.
Our department had Windows XP.
I do not know what version of Windows / Unix / etc was running the servers,
But I do know that when the clocks went forwards or backwards the result was a major headache,
because the timestamps on the P.C. files corresponded to BST and the Server files were GMT or vice versa,
hence when I synchronised my PC to the server I had the pain of 10,000 files that were "changed" and I had to locate the 3 or 4 files that might have modified contents.

Regards
Alan
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

BestSync has an option called "Ignore file date&time changes that are because of Daylight Savings Time(DST) changes".
Like the attached bitmap. Please try the option.
[attachment=0]DstTime.png[/attachment]
Attachments
Ignore Daylight Savings Time
Ignore Daylight Savings Time
DstTime.png (67.61 KiB) Viewed 6697 times
alan9876

Post by alan9876 »

Many thanks

Regards
Alan