"Mirror" problems

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
docdss

"Mirror" problems

Post by docdss »

1/ The "mirror" functions works only partially with empty folders.

Some *empty* folders present on the target side still remain there after the sync, although they do not exist on the source side anymore (they had been moved).

BS: Basic License Ver7.2.1.7(64Bit)
Source: Windows 7
Target: NAS drive Western Digital My Book Live

Settings:
direction: unidirectional
backup archiving system: disabled
filter by time stamp: none
only scan source folder: no
mirror: yes
detect file moved: yes

I can send the fsf file if needed

The log seemed to recognized it the first time it ran (X2 in red), but it was not deleted. now it not recognized anymore.

2/ Also, some files cannot be moved "access is denied". No idea why.

3/ .BS_ files are created on the Target side and are not removed. They cannot be removed because of user permission. Any idea how to delete them?

Many thanks for your help.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: "Mirror" problems

Post by RiseFly »

Please confirm if you has the full access privilege on the NAS drive,
Because the error "access is denied" was returned from the system.
docdss

Post by docdss »

RiseFly wrote:
> Please confirm if you has the full access privilege on the NAS drive,
> Because the error "access is denied" was returned from the
> system.

I believe I do.

Update:

3/ The owner of the .BS_ files are "Unix User\nobody"

2/ The backup of files that belong to the "top" folder (Here: "My Documents") cannot be backuped: error "Failed: access is denied". The other (in subfolders) are OK.

I did NOT tick "Exclude the Reparse point file/folder".

1/ I don't have this problem any more when the folders are moved. Cannot remember what I have changed.

Thanks for you help
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Maybe something related to the access privilege happened, and the it is resolved by move the folder.
.BS_ file will be resumed or deleted at the next synchronization.
docdss

Post by docdss »

RiseFly wrote:

> .BS_ file will be resumed or deleted at the next synchronization.

not, they are still there, and give error messages.

it's really odd how all the files that belong to the "top" directory cannot be backup and gives the error message.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Can the Windows Exploer copy files to the NAS and delete the files?
I think there must be some access privilege problem because the error "access is denied" was returned from the system, not from BestSync. Or you can try to start BestSync with the Administrator Privilege to see if the problem can be avoided.
To run BestSync as Administrator Privilege, you can check "Run as administrator" in "General" page of the "General Option" (Start from Option/Option menu). Then exit BestSync, and start it as Administrator. The next time the PC is rebooted, BestSync will be started as administrator automatically.
mussra

Post by mussra »

I have the same problem and I have access provileges to those folders (I executed Best Sync with my user to move files just once). Now I can't remove the files named "*.BS_*" :( .

:roll: I cant change permissions for this files but I don't understand how the same user can to create but not to remove the files.

EDIT: In the same folder I successfully deleted and created other files (previusly moved with bestsync too)
EDIT2: I tried to remove those files with a new task in BestSync but they can't be removed in this way.

Thanks!
maithly

Post by maithly »

Thank you Risefly. Version 9.0.3.3. fixed the problem and I can now view the log files.