Sync only folder and no content

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
StudioEppelt

Sync only folder and no content

Post by StudioEppelt »

Hello - is there any way to sync only the folder structure from one PC to another? With any content? Background: I´m working with big data amounts and the harddrive of my laptop is not big enough to store the content of my server and most of the contained datas I do not need on location . But I should have the same folder structure when I work on my laptop to prevent wrong folder names ...
I already tried to reach this by excluding all file types ( i.e. *.psd;*.tif; ... ) but only the folders in the first level are synced, not the contained subfolders. I tried to include the subfolders but it doesn´t worked.
//server/synfolder/subsyncfolder /subsubsyncfolder/picture.psd ---> //laptop/syncfolder is the result but I´d like to have this:
//server/synfolder/subsyncfolder /subsubsyncfolder/picture.psd ---> //laptop/synfolder/subsyncfolder /subsubsyncfolder

Perhaps someone knows something, thanks in advance Chris
Softwareversion is 6.1.0.3 ultimate 64 bit running on win 7 ultimate
the excluded filetypes:
*.1;*.ai;*.zip;*.xmp;*.xml;*.xlsx;*.xls;*.wrz;*.wrl;*.wmv;*.txt;*.TTF;*.ttc;*.tmp;*.tif;*.swf;*.sln;*.sfs;*.sdy;*.sdx;*.RW2;*.rss;*.rex;*.resx;*.resources;*.rdb;*.psd;*.projdata;*.prel;*.ppt;*.png;*.pdf;*.msi;*.msg;*.mac;*.m2v;*.log;*.lbp;*.js;*.jpg;*.indd;*.ico;*.html;*.gif;*.gi;*.flv;*.fla;*.exe;*.eps;*.DS_Store;*.docx;*.doc;*.dll;*.db;*.czx;*.czw;*.css;*.csproj;*.cs;*.CR2;*.cos;*.cop;*.col50;*.cof;*.c4d;*.BridgeSort;*.BridgeLabelsAndRatings;*.BMP;*.avi;*.atn;*.as;