Item not saving saving

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
itindiana

Item not saving saving

Post by itindiana »

I have BestSync 2012 installed on Windows 2008 Server (64-bit). I have created a new project and a new task item and saved it. When I edit the task, I am able to change most everything about the task except the options under the 'Filter' tab. Specifically, I can't change the 'Only files changed after(in) following time (range) are synchronized' or any options under that item. When I try clearing the checkbox for 'Only files changed after(in) following time (range) are synchronized' and click OK, I immediatly edit the the task item again and it has the box checked agin and 'In the Past specified time:' is the selected option. It doesn't matter if I try to clear that checkbox or change the option to 'After last synchronized time:', when I click OK and immediatly try to edit the same item it always changes it back to having the 'Only files changed after(in) following time (range) are synchronized' checked and 'In the Past specified time:' is the selected option - I cannot change that.

I checked the File permissions for the project file/folder and all users have read/write access to that file/folder.
itindiana

Re: Item not saving saving

Post by itindiana »

Update:
I discovered that when I switch it to a two-way sync, I can change those options but as soon as I switch it back to a one way sync, it reverts back to only syncing files changed the last 7 days.

I am pushing data from the server (where BestSync is installed) to a backup hard drive so I only want it to be one-way, but they way it is configured, it will only backup files changed in the last 7 days - so it never does backup all files - not even for the first backup - only the changed files are copied.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Could you please tell me what the user interface language are you using now?
I have tested in the English UI, but can not recreate the problem.
itindiana

Post by itindiana »

I am using the English version. and it is a one-way sync from a local hard dirve to a network share (UNC path, not mapped drive).

I discovered that if I switched it to a two way sync, it works fine, but as soon as I switch back to a one-way sync, the check box "Only files changed after(in) the following time...." is selected again and the "In the past specified time:" option is selected. I have upgraded to the newest version 2012 and the problem still exists.
itindiana

Post by itindiana »

I have re-installed the program and rebooted and re-created all my tasks and the problem seems to be resolved.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

I have investigated this issue, the cause of this issue is that you have selected "Delete" setting page\"Delete file for save space"\"Delete files older than following dyas". The internal logic adjusts the "Filter" setting automatically to "Only files changed after(in) the following time...." . If BestSync does not adjust the setting automatically, the deleted files will be copied from the source to the target at the next synchronization. I think this adjustment will not affect the task from synchronizing the two folders correctly.