Timing/delay in Real-time Sync Job

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
MBruck

Timing/delay in Real-time Sync Job

Post by MBruck »

I've got two servers seperated by a high-speed WAN link that I'm trying to keep sync'd (bi-directional). The folder structure has about 12,500 directories, so it's quite large.

I'm not seeing an immediate sync after I create/modify or delete files, but with a directory that size I guess I'm not surprised. However, I wanted to make sure I'm doing all I can to minimize the sync delay that is happening at the moment. It's taking about 15 minutes from what I can tell, but the time does vary quite a bit and is never less than 10+ minutes. It works perfectly, but it just takes a long time to sync (not exactly "real-time"). ;)

I read in another support message on this board that I could adjust the MonitorSync value in the registry to reduce the chance of the system performing a full-sync, which would impact the timing of the real-time sync. However, that message was in regards to BestSync 2011 and I have 2012. I put the value in my registry anyway and it didn't seem to make a difference. Is there anything else I can do to speed up the timing of the real-time sync?

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

PS: my servers are Windows 2008 R2, 3MB WAN Link, v7.0.19 of BestSync, and I'm running the job as a service.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Timing/delay in Real-time Sync Job

Post by RiseFly »

Is it possible to divide the task to 10 tasks, each task synchronize a sub-folder.
So each task synchronizes about 1,250 subfolders, this way can speed up the scanning time and improve the response time.
MBruck

Post by MBruck »

I created 12 seperate jobs and it DID improve the speed (greatly). I'm now pleased with the performance of the real-time sync even with 180,000 files across all these directories.

Thank you for the quick support response. Our trial has gone very smoothly and we're going to purchase the software now. Just to confirm, if I have two servers at seperate locations doing a bi-directional sync I just need one license?

Thank you,

Michael
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

If you only install BestSync in one of the servers, you need only one license.