Winsock timeout

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
matthewedwar

Winsock timeout

Post by matthewedwar »

Hello we are currently testing Bestsync 2012 for our site and have run into an issue. We have 4 sites in different geographic locations syncing around 400gb of data between each other and a FileZilla FTP server located in our cloud. We have begun our test with just 2 of the locations which can connect to the FTP server via an IPSec VPN or over the Internet. Whilst one site works fine a near identical site gets constant timeouts and begins a 90 second retry on each of the 8 threads this is happening with just a small amount of test data and our worry is as we introduce more the fails will increase. We have tried FTP active and passive with no significant improvement.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Matthew
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Winsock timeout

Post by RiseFly »

May be the response of the VPN is slow, please try to set a longer timeout in the "General" wizard page.
matthewedwar

Post by matthewedwar »

It is also the same when running over the Internet. I will try to extend the timeout period.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Is it possible that VPN times out before the Winsock connection of the FTP?
Is there any settimg to prolong the timeout in the VPN?
matthewedwar

Post by matthewedwar »

We have configured our server to have an Internet Public facing IP address so it is no longer behind a firewall or using a VPN. Performance has improved greatly. We are now getting a lot of 553 file already exists errors. FileZilla ftp user has full control has to everyone on the NTFS permissions.

Regards

Matt
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Could you Please send me(risefly(a)risefly.com) the ftp log data at the bottom of th preview window ? So i can give you further more advice .
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Could you Please send me(risefly(a)risefly.com) the ftp log data at the bottom of th preview window ? So i can give you further more advice .