Best sync syncs already synced files

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
Henrik4223

Best sync syncs already synced files

Post by Henrik4223 »

Ever since it turned to winter time my sync jobs starts over and over again even though I have already synced the files (not cool when it starts syncing 4TB of data again). I have the same time on both the server and client, and I am not using any time settings as filter.

Any suggestions.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Best sync syncs already synced files

Post by RiseFly »

This issue may be because the file system on the sever is FAT, and your server does not support getting /setting accurate file time. If this symptom happens, please use the "Action"/"Customized Preview"/"Synchronize Timestamp only" menu to synchronize the timestamp once.
Henrik4223

Post by Henrik4223 »

Both servers use nfts (files are above 4 GB). Server is Synology and client W7. Brfore winter time everything worked fine according to the logs.
Henrik4223

Post by Henrik4223 »

I tried the timestamp thing, but after scanning the files nothing happens. I experience this everytime I have the preview window open. Normally I can just close the preview window and the files are synced but that is not possible with the timestamp option as this stops the task.
Henrik4223

Post by Henrik4223 »

Sorry I forhold to pres play to get the timestamp rhing to workshops.

The timestamp Thing works perfekt for the big files sync, but for my encrypted pictures it does not. IT keeps start over every time.?
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

What timezone are you living? How many minutes difference between the normal time and the winnter time?
Henrik4223

Post by Henrik4223 »

+ 1 Europa time (Copenhagen) - 60 minutes.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

When you start the preview window, please compare the time difference of the files that will be copied again.
What is the time difference of these files?
If you could give me a test account (email to risefly@risefly.com), I would like to debug this issue.
Henrik4223

Post by Henrik4223 »

For files not yet synced it says:

31-12-1999-23:00:00 > 31-12-1999-00:00:00

I will once again check ther servers time.....
Henrik4223

Post by Henrik4223 »

The owner of the server has not checked the time out yet (again), but it must be a winter time issue.

The problem is that in my upload of small files it keeps copying all the files even though I now have checked the "Ignore file date&time changes that are because og Daylight Savings Time (DST))?