Interrupt 1st time FTP sync

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
BtuceF

Interrupt 1st time FTP sync

Post by BtuceF »

I am executing the FTP for the first time to synchronize 58GB of files from a local network to an empty FTP site. I have started the job and the estimate isd 58 hours. I will ned to stop the job before it is completed and then restart it.

Will BestSync pick up where it left off?

Also, if I need to move BestSync to a different computer before the job is complete, how do I move it and will BestSync pick up the job where left off when I starty it on the new installation of the software?
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Interrupt 1st time FTP sync

Post by RiseFly »

If your FTP server supports setting the time stamp of uploaded files and getting the accurate timestamp, then you can stop the task at any stage and BestSync can pick up where it left off, even you run BestSync from other PCs.
If the FTP server does not support these kinds of commands, and you move to a different PC to upload the file by BestSync, before start sync, you can click the "Action"/"customized preview"/"Synchronize Timestamp Only" menu to sync the timestamp first, this can let the task start from where it left off.