Real-time sync on slow link

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
adamsre

Real-time sync on slow link

Post by adamsre »

Hey All,
Does anyone have any suggestions with how to deal with failures on RTS over a slow link? I have a satellite connection from one of my servers synchronizing data back to a earth-station where it is viewed. The problem is that with the satellite speeds, the majority of the files are properly transferred, however, I get several failures. To compensate, I have allowed it to go back in the folders, and repeatedly try to resync - which it eventually does. Issue with this is the length of time it starts to take as the number of folders build up. I have a collection of images that are updated on an almost hourly basis, and need to be synchronized back to the earth station. If I go through, and make exclusions, I can speed the process up, by limiting the number of folders that it is continuously trying to sync. This works... however, I find that I constantly need to go back and modify the exclusion list, or it gets overwhelmed.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might better utilize RTS - to further minimize, or eliminate the failures, or perhaps script the exclusion list to only contain the last three days worth of data?

Thanks!

Ed: I am running 6.2.02 32 bit - I know there is a newer version available, but I wasn't sure if this was me screwing up a config or something.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Real-time sync on slow link

Post by RiseFly »

May be you can try to setup serveral tasks, each task synchronizes some sub-folders.
If you are using the FTP synchronization, you can limit the speed of the tasks that change files slowly.
Please also consider to upgrade the version, becasue you are using a bit more old version.
The task settings are sitll usable after upgrade to the new version.
adamsre

Post by adamsre »

Thanks much for the reply. I've just been manually editing the task to exclude all but the last three days. Is there a way to run a script that would modify the task once a week to only include the last three days for sync'ing? Basically, as the weeks progress, I would want to exclude an entire month once I have gotten beyond three days into the month. The connection is getting repaired out there shortly, but I still need to find a way to automate the process of "cleaning up" the sync folders. Any thoughts / ideas?

Thanks!!!
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

BestSync supports some commands in the command line, may be you can use the command line to accoplish your task:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the details, please refer to this page:
http://www.risefly.com/help/cmdline.htm

fd1="path" ; //Modify the path of folder1;
fd2="path" ; //Modify the path of folder2;
fdb="path" ; //Modify the path of backup folder;
ftf="YYYYMMDD-hhmmss"; //Specify "From-Time" of the timestamp filtering range.
ftt="YYYYMMDD-hhmmss"; //Specify "To-Time" of the timestamp filtering range.
//Only the files with the timestamp that is from "ftf" to "ftt" are copied.
//If "ftf" is present and "ftt" is absent, the current time is used for "ftt".
flt="*.ext1;*.ext2" ; //The file types used to filter the files.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And, does the following filtering option meet your demands?
Attachments
Filter files by day-range
Filter files by day-range
Filter-Days.png (50.35 KiB) Viewed 5468 times