File Dates Changed during Sync

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
jw stephenson

File Dates Changed during Sync

Post by jw stephenson »

I keep having an issue whereby I sync a directory of files (say 25k files) and afterwards I run preview again and a large number of them, most in fact, need to be synced again because the date on the server is equal to the date and time of the backup not the date of the original file. Is there a particular settings that I am not setting correctly that would create this behavior? Is there a particular file type (or attribute assigned to a file) that cannot be transfered via ftpes without changing the file modified date?

Thanks!

Jeff
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: File Dates Changed during Sync

Post by RiseFly »

It must be that your FTP server does not support set-time-stamp commands, such as MFMT , MDTM or SITE UTIME. Bestsync detects these commands, and uses one of them to set the file stamp. BestSync can still synchronize with this kind of FTP server by managing the local and remote timestamp. Please check if the system time of the local PC and FTP server are correct.