Questions regarding business version

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
Chrisped

Questions regarding business version

Post by Chrisped »

Hello!

I have been looking for a replacement to Foldershare for few months now and seem to have found Bestsync as a software my company can use.
I will explain our application and if you can let me know if the software can do what we are asking for that would be much appreciated.

We are a tech company that has a number of field techs. Each tech has a shared folder on their own local hard drive, that is shared with all the other techs. When a change is made on tech 1's folder is it sent to all the other techs that are online at the time. If a tech is not online, it is put into a queue so when the tech who was offline finally gets online, the added or deleted or modified files are sent to him. We are not looking for a backup software, just a true collaborative software that sync's folders and files in real time upon creation, deletion, modification, and moving of files. We will always have one machine (a file server) online to catch the changes to the master folder that everyone has a copy of. This way as tech hop on and offline, the file server will always have the most up to date files. Hopefully this makes sense.
We would be willing to change the way things are done, such as having an ftp server here at our office and have each tech sync with the ftp server with a background process in windows. I would need it to be automatic as techs would be lazy in initiating a sync, but an ftp server would also be an option. We are looking for a bulletproof fully automated sync to one folder and all subfolders for all users.

Thanks for any help.
alan9876

Re: Questions regarding business version

Post by alan9876 »

Would a simpler concept be better ?

When each Tech goes on-line his hand held folder is synchronised not to the central master folder, but to a central folder that is dedicated to his hand held.
I believe this is full proven technology though I have not used it this way myself.

Then all that remains is for the central system to suitably merge all the central dedicated folder updates to the central master folders,
and then synchronise the central master to the central dedicated, and this does not involve the central system with delays waiting for each Tech to go on-line.

Alan
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

How about setup the tasks like the attached graph?
Attachments
Sync Multiple PCs
Sync Multiple PCs
sync_pcs.png (37.39 KiB) Viewed 6752 times
Chrisped

Post by Chrisped »

The ftp server option would work well, but would the Ultimate version be faster for syncing? "Fast Scan!
Scan multiple sub-folders simultaneously.Fast Copy!Copy multiple files simultaneously." I know I am limited by connection but running faster on the pc is more what I am concerned about as scanning a 6 Gb folder can take a while if it is set for 2-way syncing every time.
Additionally, if it is, how many licenses would be needed as it is a little confusing on the description of licensing. "The activation count of license is equal to the license number PLUS TWO. i.e., ONE license can be used on THREE computers; TWO licenses can be used on FOUR computers."
For 6 pc's would I need 4 licenses or 6?

Thanks,

Chris
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

If your FTP account allows multiple sessions, then I recommend to to use the Ultimate License and use "Process multiple files simultaneously" option and specify the thread number that your FTP server allows. This will improve the performance upto many times of one thread.
For the license number, if you are a personal user, you need 4 license for 6 PCs; if you are NOT personal user, you need 6 licenses for 6 PCs.