Outlook Sync: Wrong Filze Size, Date, Deleted Files

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
escamoteur

Outlook Sync: Wrong Filze Size, Date, Deleted Files

Post by escamoteur »

Hi,

I'm just evaluating BestSync 2011.

I want to sync my PC with my Laptop via my FTP Server.

-I Installed BestSync on both machines.
-I created a task on one and made a Sync with the ftp sever
-I exported the task and imported it on the second PC

When I now preview the sync I reconized the following:

-Almost all Entries were marked for syncing although Both PCs where supplied with the same .pst files shortly, so I expected only a few recent irems woould be synced.
- As you can see in the attached screenshot almost all entries have the backup date/time on the right side and not the original date/time
- All files differ in size
-The folder MP3 is identical on both PCs there is neither a file to delete, nor to copy as shown here (e.g. "Anprechpartner Kiddi" or "AW:Unterlagen zum MLX"

I also attach my task file. I think there must be really wrong in my configuration.
I hope you can help
Tom
[attachment=0]BestSync.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
OutlookSync.zip
(634 Bytes) Downloaded 386 times
BestSync.jpg
BestSync.jpg (210.62 KiB) Viewed 6163 times
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Outlook Sync: Wrong Filze Size, Date, Deleted Files

Post by RiseFly »

For preserving the filetime after uploading the files, your FTP server does not support one of "MFMT", "MDTM", and "SITE UTIME" command. But BestSync can still synchronize files correctly without these commands.
Please ignore the file size when synchronize the Outlook, because the file size in Outlook side is the size of the message, in otherhand, the file size in file system is the file of the .msg file. They are different.
Please synchronize the Outlook of two PCs once to see if the messages that need to be synchronized will be decreased.
escamoteur

Post by escamoteur »

Pretty strange. First I realized, that I had not choosen bidirectional sync. No I do it. But After sync on both side, when I now sync BestSync alway does copy from Folder2->Folder1 although nothing was changed.
Best
Tom
escamoteur

Post by escamoteur »

Actually if I sync on one PC and the task is finished without error and I just start it again, it still want't to copy everything from Folder2->Outlook
escamoteur

Post by escamoteur »

HI,
after switchign to SFTP everythign works as expected.

Best
Tom