Outlook Sync doesn't work

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
Anja

Outlook Sync doesn't work

Post by Anja »

Hi,

I use BestSync Portable (English Version 5.3.04(32Bit)) with a Portable License.
I try to sync the MS Outlook schedule of my office notebook with the Outlook on my home pc via USB stick. The sync from notebook to USB stick worked fine, so there are now 505 *.msg files on the stick in path H:\Transfer\OutlookSync, but I haven't managed to transfer these file to my home pc yet.

I tried the following setting:

Folder 1: Outlook
Outlook|\@DefStore\@Appointments\
Folder 2:
H:\Transfer\OutlookSync\
Direction: One way Folder 2 to Folder 1

On starting preview I get the message
Outlook|\@DefStore\@Appointments\ <== H:\Transfer\OutlookSync\--Preview completed, no hit file

When I change settings to

Outlook|\@DefStore
Folder 2:

or

Outlook|\
Folder 2:

and open preview, the scan shows all 505 *msg files. But when I start the sync, result for all files is failed: unknown error.

After that, I tried it the other way around, from home pc outlook to usb stick with settings:

Outlook|\@DefStore\@Appointments\
Folder 2:
Direction: One way Folder 1 to Folder 2

This results in the message Outlook|\@DefStore\@Appointments\ ==> H:\Transfer\OutlookSync\--Preview completed, no hit file

On my office notebook I use Outlook 2003, on the home pc Outlook 2002.
Any suggestions?

Best regards
Anja
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Outlook Sync doesn't work

Post by RiseFly »

We have tested the Outlook Synchronization Feature in the following 3 scenarioes:
1. Outlook 2003 <-->Folder<-->Outlook 2003
2. Outlook 2003 <-->Folder<-->Outlook 2007
3. Outlook 2007 <-->Folder<-->Outlook 2007

May be this problem is related to the Outlook 2002, could you please try to upgrade the Outlook 2002 to 2003, and test the synchronization task again?