export preview-log as csv-file

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
Markus777

export preview-log as csv-file

Post by Markus777 »

Hi folks,
i have to compare two folders with around 3000 files in it in some deep folder structure. Before i can run the sync it has to be approved by some project manager so i need a list for that.

The preview-task function would give a perfect view for the differences because we can see everything at a glance, specially when the "show all" setting is enabled. But the preview does not include creating or exporting this to an html/csv file.
Does anybody know a way how to get preview-logfile?

I tried to copy the folders to run a sync just for getting a logfile but the content is limited to the changes only and does not show the complete result including equals like the preview & show all setting.

Any solution? Thank you so far,
Markus
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: export preview-log as csv-file

Post by RiseFly »

BestSync only exports the CSV log file after synchronization.
As a solution, please setup another task that synchronizes the folder to a middle folder (has the same files as the target folder), let the task export a CSV log file, you can check this log file. After the csv log file is approved, synchronize with the target folder.
Markus777

Post by Markus777 »

I was already afraid it will be possible only like this but nevertheless thanky for your quick reply.
Regards from Vienna,
Markus
alan9876

Post by alan9876 »

Perhaps you would find the Free SysExporter utility from Nirsoft useful.
You MUST download the x64 version for Windows x64, the standard x32 version is only useful on Windows x32

BestSync Previewed P:\ and Q:\ which are two image files of C:\

SysExporter saw everything that was running including many instances of Preview.
I selected the process with the display of all the different files
I used
SysEXporter -> Items -> Select All
SysEXporter -> Items -> Copy Selected Items (Tab Delimited)
I have pasted my result into BestSync.txt which I attach.

Not as pretty as the live display, but possibly adequate for your needs.

NB I tried to paste original BestSync.TXT but apparently *.TXT files are too dangerous ! ! !

Regards
Alan
Attachments
BestSync.zip
(4.82 KiB) Downloaded 423 times