failed: the system cannot find the path

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
molitar

failed: the system cannot find the path

Post by molitar »

I keep getting this error messages for the path locations like.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles\Adobe Standard\Canon EOS-1D Adobe Standard.dcp

So I am not able to backup successfully because I have thousands of files that path locations are not found. I emailed support they asked me for a task file which I sent to them but still have not heard back from them yet.
vubmind

risefly.com • Post a reply

Post by vubmind »

I keep getting this error messages for the path locations like.C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles\Adobe Standard\Canon EOS-1D Adobe Standard.dcpSo I am not able to backup successfully because I have thousands of files that path locations are not found. I emailed support they asked me for a task file which I sent to them but still have not heard back from them yet.

:)
molitar

Re: failed: the system cannot find the path

Post by molitar »

Ok this program does not work! Even with force VSS it won't even attempt to create a VSS so the files open do not backup! I think this program needs to be properly tested with Windows XP because it fails to deliver.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Please select the "Option"/"View Log File" menu to view the log data, is there any error about the VSS?
molitar

Post by molitar »

No the problem is it does not try to use Shadow Copy. First time run it did.. but the connection dropped on server end.. so when it restarted and all other attempts ShadowCopy did not try to run. When it does run it about 1 out of a countless attempts it will than backup fine. But almost everytime I will not see the VSS message indicating it's running it and when I do a vssadmin list shadows their will be no VSS only that 1:50 attempts will their be a shadow copy. So I than tried the non beta 2010 version and it would run it maybe 1:30 attempts. So for some reason it does not think it needs to create a VSS for the Documents and Settings and hence it can not find the file because it appears to be open/locked.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

We have released the new version 6.1.07, the new version added a new option related the VSS "Create the VSS volume only if there are files being openned/locked", if the option is unchecked and if there are files need to be copied, the VSS volume will always be created.