Question about USB sync

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
ttom

Question about USB sync

Post by ttom »

In the answer to the question of "How does BestSync synchronize two computers by an USB drive?" in the Q&A page of the website, it is said that "BestSync flush the drive to ensure all the files have written out". How is this done? What settings shall I use to get this function? My USB drive is getting full now - this function will be really help.

Thanks!
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Question about USB sync

Post by RiseFly »

You need not to do any setting. BestSync flushs the removable drive after the synchronization.
You can just take out the removable drive after the synchronization.
ttom

Post by ttom »

Well, that was not the case for me. I used two-way synchronization for the direction on both the computers to be synced. In the filter settings I choose to sync files changed in the last 30 days as the folder size is much larger than the size of the USB drive if this option is not selected. The size of the folder just keeps increasing and files copied to the USB drive never got deleted..

I looked at the "Delete" options but that doesn't help..
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Though time range filter setting is selected, but if the files out of the range already exist, BestSync will not delete these files automatically.
This setting is only for improving the sync speed, not for increasing the capacity.
You can try the "Delete the unchanged files in the target folder" in the "Delete" setting page for synchronizing files with samll capacity USB drive.
ttom

Post by ttom »

The "Delete the unchanged files in the target folder" in the "Delete" setting page is grayed out and cannot be selected somehow..
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

The "Delete the unchanged files in the target folder" option is disabled if the following options are select:
1. Bi-direction synchronization is selected in the “Task Wizard: General” page.
2. Real-Time monitoring option is selected in the “Task Wizard: Schedule” page.
3. "Copy to a single folder" is checked in the “Task Wizard: Rename” page.
ttom

Post by ttom »

That means I cannot do a bi-directional sync...?
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

You can do "bi-direction" synchronization, but if bi-direction sync is selected, you can not select "Delete the unchanged files in the target folder". Because if bi-direction is selected, "Delete the unchanged files..." will cause the unchanged files be deleted from the both side, that will cause file lost obviously.