New folder sync only

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
haniyasin

New folder sync only

Post by haniyasin »

Hi;
1-I have the following scenario, to sync between two local folders Folder1,Folder2
Folder2 is processed by an OCR Engine which deletes processed folders, i just made a new task to work as a service to sync new folders only, so that the OCR does not loop into processing older files. but the behavior of BestSync is strange where it sometimes resyncs olders files and folders.
i even tried to filter the files to using the last sync option, but even this does not always help when the server restarts.

the structure of the folders is a TREE like this:
1st level folders with numeric names from 000 to 254
2nd level folders with numeric names from 000 to 254
3rd level folders with numeric names from 000 to 254
4th level folders with numeric names 10 digits ########## that contain the images within.
PLEASE HELP

PS: syncing only the lowest level ########## folders to folder2 without mirroring the Tree structure would greatly help but could not do it in BestSync
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: New folder sync only

Post by RiseFly »

Could you explain your demand in more detail? so we can give you the advice or the solution.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: New folder sync only

Post by RiseFly »

We have just release the versionn 6.1.01.
The new version has supported a new function that let 3rd-party software to use a mark file ("_bestsync_exclude_this_folder_._exclude_") to control whether a subfolder should be ot not be synchronized.
If you put a mark file named "_bestsync_exclude_this_folder_._exclude_" into a subfolder, BestSync will exclude the subfolder from the synchronization. Later if you need to synchronize the subfolder, just delete the mark file. In real-time sync mode, if you delete the mark file, the subfolder will be synchronized immediately.
If the OCR software is processing a subfolder, just create the mark-file, Bestsync will not synchronize it. After the OCR completes the provess, just delete the mark-file, BestSync will synchronize the sub-folder.