why the BestSync 2011 ftp is not working?

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
wesleyyang

why the BestSync 2011 ftp is not working?

Post by wesleyyang »

as title. I tested version 2010 & 2011 with the same ftp account. version 2011 just won't work, not even show up the directories in my ftp server. :cry: :cry:
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: why the BestSync 2011 ftp is not working?

Post by RiseFly »

BestSync may have been blocked by the Firewall.
Have you added BestSyncApp.exe and BestSyncSvc.exe to the exception list of the Firewall?
wesleyyang

Post by wesleyyang »

RiseFly wrote:BestSync may have been blocked by the Firewall.
Have you added BestSyncApp.exe and BestSyncSvc.exe to the exception list of the Firewall?
Yes, I did. Actually I tried BestSync version 2010 and it worked well. Recently I upgraded it to version 2011 and I found the ftp function no longer working. Then I downgraded it to 2010 again and it worked. So I wonder if the ftp function in 2011 is still working or not.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

I use BestSync 2011 to update risefly.com often, but have not meet any problem. Have you also added BestSyncApp.exe and BestSyncSvc.exe to the exception list of the anti-virus or anti-spam softwares.
genebeck

Post by genebeck »

I can confirm that ftp is not working for me as well. Version 2010 would sync with ftp but not ftpes. Version 2011 will not sync via ftp of any type. On the very same computer I have filezilla installed and working perfectly. I have also tried goodsync and it connects both ftp and sftp without issue. There most certainly is some issue with the ftp in the latest version.

The computer I am trying to sync with is running Ubuntu 10.04LTS with vsftp properly configured and working. I tried also using ProFTP without any luck as well.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Please confirm the firewall settings of your PC.
I uses BestSync 2011 to backup my files online every day without any problem.
genebeck

Post by genebeck »

I found 1 issue that was causing me a problem. In the task tool, when you try to browse ftp folders it is sending the wildcard "**.*" rather than "*.*" and it is not getting any directory data. I manually selected the correct folder and have the normal clear ftp working now. There is not issue with a firewall since at the moment all firewalls are turned off and filezilla work perfectly with the same remote using the same login data.

When I try to sync using either FTPES or SFTP I get in the log file "Unknown Error".

On a different windows based server that has filezilla server as host, I can actually connect and was asked to install the certificate. I will take some more time later and examine the logs files on the ubuntu server running vsftpd and see I can find any more information.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

The "**.*" problem has already be fixed in some versions before, please download the newest version.
BestSync has tested the SFTP and FTPS with linus based vsftpd server, and the result is OK.