Lot of 0x00002746 FTP error

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
franz94370

Lot of 0x00002746 FTP error

Post by franz94370 »

Bestsync Version 13.0.1.1

Installed on a Win2008R2 server and synchronise with an external FTP server ( Filezilla Server) 0.9.60 Passive mode

During synchronisation I have a lot of Lot of 0x00002746 FTP error. A lot af files are not copied.
I have the timeout parmeter set to 180
FTP Error:winsock:Send:error:(0x00002746):an existing connection has been closed by the host
What can you suggest [attachment=0]Journal.xlsx[/attachment]

I send you the journal

Regards ;)
Attachments
Journal.xlsx
(109.68 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Lot of 0x00002746 FTP error

Post by RiseFly »

May be you can not setup the Windows Firewall setting correctly.
Here is the tips for setting the Windows firewall for FTP protocol:

Add BestSyncApp.exe and BestSyncSvc.exe to the allowed list of the firewall.
Add Port 21 to the exception list of the firewall.
In FTP server side, select the transfer mode (Passive or Active), Passive mode is recommended.

If Passive Mode is used:
In FTP server side, set the port range used for the data channel.
Add this port rang to the allowed receiving port list of the firewall of the FTP server.
Add this port rang to the allowed sending port list of the firewall of the client (where BestSync is installed).

If Active Mode is used:
Set the port range in “Option”/”Active Mode” of BestSync.
Add this port rang to the allowed sending port list of the firewall of the FTP server.
Add this port rang to the allowed receiving port list of the firewall of the client (where BestSync is installed).
gavo

Post by gavo »

Hello,

Getting same error (see below), can confirm that I have bestsync in my firewall allowed

winsock:Connect:error:(0x00002736):An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket.
winsock:Connect:error:(0x00002736):An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket.
winsock:Connect:error:(0x0000274c):A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
FTP HELP: Try to add 'C:\Program Files\RiseFly\BestSync\BestSyncApp.exe' to the allowed program list of Windows Firewall or other antivirus software.
FTP HELP: Try to add port 21 to the allowed sending port list of Windows Firewall or other antivirus software.
Failed to connect to FTP server.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Please try to stop all the firewall and anti-virus software to see if BestSync can connect to the FTP server.