Support for new Dropbox API??

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
buijze

Support for new Dropbox API??

Post by buijze »

Hi,

I just installed the Business version to be able to use the Dropbox API as backup location. When authorizing i noticed the message that BestSync is still using the 'old' Dropbox API which might not work at the end of this (or next) month (cant remember exactly).

Is there actively being worked on this issue? I would certainly hope that this keeps working after the Dropbox changes are effectuated?!

thanks
Bart
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Support for new Dropbox API??

Post by RiseFly »

We are implementing the new API of DropBox, the new version will be released soon.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

BestSync 2017 Ver12.0.2.0 has been released, the new version supported DropBox API version 2.
impactd

Post by impactd »

Greetings Risefly,

I had been backing up my files using BestSync Ultimate to Dropbox Business for a long time without problems until the new Dropbox API change happened. After which, I began receiving the "400 Bad Request" error messages. I found this post in the support board so I just upgraded my BestSync software to version to 12.0.2.3 to fix the problem. Now when I attempt to connect to Dropbox I am receiving a message over my login email address in red text within the "Sign in to Dropbox to link with BestSyncX OAuth2" login window that reads, "Please sign in with a personal account." I have a Dropbox Business account for more storage space and it used to work just fine. A personal sized Dropbox account will not suffice for the quantity of files that I am backing up. Do you know of a fix for this?

FYI - I have also contacted Dropbox customer support to see if the fix is on their end. I will post the results here when I have an answer.

Thank you for your help!
impactd

Post by impactd »

Hello Risefly,

I worked with an API technician from Dropbox who determined that the OAuth2 Login box that is generated by BestSync that asks the user to enter their Dropbox email and password, was designed to only permit "personal" Dropbox accounts to be used with BestSync. He said the setting should be changed from "personal accounts" to "all kinds" of accounts. He said this the reason that my Dropbox Business account is not permitted to be used by BestSync.

I provided the API technician with screen shots of the OAuth2 Login window and he asked me to send him the link within the properties of the BestSync OAuth2 Login window. His response to what the properties displayed is shown below: (Quoted from his message)

Hi,

Thanks! That's what I expected. The 'require_role=personal' parameter is a feature that allows the app to specify what kind of accounts it wants to
allow to link to the app. The 'personal' value prevents work accounts, such as your Dropbox Business account.

If the developer of the app wants to let Business accounts such as yours link to the app, they will need to remove that parameter. (The default is to
allow all kinds.) You may want to contact them to request that they make that change.

Regards,
Gregory

Please let me know if you would like me to send you screenshots or anything else you may need for this fix.

Thank you for your assistance.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Thank you for the detailed information.
BestSync Ver12.0.2.4 has removed the "personal" parameter, please download and try the new version to see if the problem can be resolved.
impactd

Post by impactd »

Thank you, RiseFly for your help. That seems to have fixed the problem. I was able to re-establish my connection to Dropbox Business and the files are backing up normally. I appreciate you getting a fix out so quickly!
monikam

Post by monikam »

Hello Risefly,

I recently downloaded bestSync for backing up data to our company's dropbox business account but When I try to login into the account it gives me
(script errror message on the login page) so, not able to login into dropbox.

Is there something I am missing or do I have to shift to another version of bestSync.

Regards,
Monika
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Please download and try the newest version to see if the problem can be resolved.