Decrypting AES265 files with other software

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
Binary91

Decrypting AES265 files with other software

Post by Binary91 »

Hi,

as far as it is not possible for me to automatically synchronize my android device (because bonjour service doesn't work), I try to synchronize the same way as my BestSync synchronizes with OneDrive.
I found an app in the google play store that synchronizes my encrypted files from OneDrive to my device.

My problem is, that I can't decrypt them. I typed the correct password, but decryption doesn't work. I thought that BestSync uses the "general" AES256 encrpytion algorithm, so it should be possible to decrypt those files with every software, as far as the correct password is known..

Can someone help me with that?
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Decrypting AES265 files with other software

Post by RiseFly »

BestSync encrypts the file in it own format, other software can not decrypt the encrypted file.
RiseFly supplies a free decryption tool, you can use the tool to decrypt the encrypted file on other Windows system.
Here is the download link:
http://risefly.com/BestSyncDecrypt.zip
Binary91

Re: Decrypting AES265 files with other software

Post by Binary91 »

I don't need it on other windows systems but on my android device.

There are two things that do not work:
1. auto-detection of my android device
2. permission for BestDAV app to read/write on external sd cards

Without these, android synchronization isn't sufficient and my whole sync project is not suitable...