Confusing backups

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
Binary91

Confusing backups

Post by Binary91 »

Hi,

as already mentioned in another topic, my BestSync software always starts the whole synchronization from notebook to MS OneDrive from new instead of simply monitoring and only detecting further changes.

As a result of this, BestSync creates lots of backup files from transfer failures. The problem with that is, that it does not automatically delete those backups after successfully retrying to transfer those files. So, I never have an overview of what really did not sync and needs to be restored by the backups and what did sync after a second/third try and is still left in backup...

It would be a good feature for me to select auto-deleting successfully retried file transfers, so I only have to take a look at my backup directory to see all files that should be saved manually again without creating duplicates...
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Confusing backups

Post by RiseFly »

We have confirmed that there was a bug in MS OneDrive synchronization function.
Please download and try BestSync 2017 (VER 12.0.0.8) to see if the problem can be resolved.
Binary91

Post by Binary91 »

I'm impressed, everything works fine now! Nothing worked with the older version, but now - no failures anymore!! Great job RiseFly!

Now, you only have to solve the problem that my android device is not detectable even with bonjour service and bestDAV server installed and running ;-)

Cheers,
Binary91
Binary91

Post by Binary91 »

Ok, it doesn't work as fine as I thought.

Synchronization of my music files (.mp3) always fails. The files are uploaded on OneDrive, but in the BestSync window, every mp3-file is shown as failure. Album jpg files, INIs and such are well uploaded, but not the mp3 files.
The errors are:
1) "400 Bad request"
2) "failure" ("fehlgeschlagen" in german lang.)
3) "unauthorized"

Where is the problem with it? I need those files uploaded!!
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

BestSync 2017 Version 12.0.1.0 may have been fixed this problem.
Please download and try the new version to see if the problem is fixed.
Binary91

Post by Binary91 »

With the new version, upload to OneDrive shows "success" at first, but when searching for changes, I get in 100% of all files the error:
"Download file failed, can not find the file id".
I tried to attach a screenshot, but your file size limits are to less to upload a suitable GIF! :roll:

But when opening onedrive online (www.onedrive.live.com), all files seem to be uploaded. The problem is that I can't check for failures when I upload thousands of files, so I need to be sure that BestSync shows me correct transfer status!

Well, I paid nearly 100€ for this software and for weeks now it is not possible for me to successfully synchronize my data with OneDrive.

I hope I get satisfying software updates as soon as possible!

Cheers,
Binary91
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Please try BestSync 2017 version 12.0.1.1 to see if the problem can be resolved.
The new version supported more file types when synchronize files with MS OneDrive.
Binary91

Post by Binary91 »

I ran the new version with only one simple test file on OneDrive that should be synchronized to my notebook but it failed again. The error says:
"400 Bad Request". It successfully created a backup...

Is it possible to get email- or telephone contact with you? It is tedious to stay in contact this way...
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

You can contact me by the email address risefly@risefly.com.
Could you please tell me the file name of the failed file?
OneDrive may not support all the file types.
Binary91

Post by Binary91 »

Do I ever get any reply to my email?