Why always full synchronization after modifing one single file?

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
Binary91

Why always full synchronization after modifing one single file?

Post by Binary91 »

Hi,

On my notebook A, I created a task to synchronize a folder "DirSync" with my OneDrive account. In the task options, I check the option to create a meta-file for faster synchronizing.
On my notebook B, I created the corresponding task to synchronize the OneDrive account with my equal-named folder "DirSync" and also checked the option to create meta-files.

Now, for the first time, synchronization of about 20.000 files took about 10 hours. That is ok for me, as long as it is down only once.
BUT, after editing one single file in my folder "DirSync", BestSync starts the whole process again. Is this the normal way BestSync should work and I just have to ignore it? I mean, I don't know if BestSync can detect future changes while its synchronizing for hours...

Maybe the reason is, that notebook B uses the same meta-file on my OneDrive account and notebook A always has to create a new file? I don't know if this could be the reason...

Do I have to worry or is this the normal behaviour of BestSync?
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Why always full synchronization after modifing one single file?

Post by RiseFly »

This is not the normal behavior of BestSync.
BestSync should be able detect changed files, then synchronize only changed files.
Please give us time to confirm this issue.