compression without encryption

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
denovo

compression without encryption

Post by denovo »

Hello,
Is it possible to have compression without encryption. I would like to compress files as I back them up, but I do not want to have them encrypted.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: compression without encryption

Post by RiseFly »

You can setup too tasks.
One synchronizes the folder with a zip archive file, and the another synchronizes the folder that contains the zip archive file with the target folder.
denovo

Post by denovo »

Hello,

When you write "One synchronizes the folder with a zip archive file", how do you do that. We have only found how to enable compression on the compression tab, which requires encryption. Can you send a link with documentation how to "synchronizes the folder with a zip archive file"
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Here is the help link about how to sync a folder with a ZIP archive:
http://www.risefly.com/help/wz_br_zip.htm
denovo

Post by denovo »

Hello,

This solution is not sufficient. It will move the entire zip file every time as we update it with new files. At least as far as I understand. We have lots of large files (20GB or greater database backups) that we want to simply zip each one and upload the zip. In the scheme you describe, the large files will be synchronized to a zip file and then the zip will contain lots of backups. Then it will upload the entire zip every time.

It would be a lot more straightforrward if on the "compression and encryption" you just allowed to compress with plain zip without encryption.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

Sorry, BestSync does not support compression without encryption feature.