Failed items not showing on email log

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
ms5joseph

Failed items not showing on email log

Post by ms5joseph »

Using version 11.0.0.8 (64Bit)
Webdav one directional sync:

I have tasks setup to "Only export and/or send the log data of the failed items". My jobs are setup to backup deleted items to a network path using the Mirror option. I often get emails stating that there were failed items on the backup, but no info in the attached CSV file explaining what failed: [attachment=1]attachment 1.png[/attachment]
Looking at the built-in log viewer within the software, I find that these are always occurring on files that were deleted with the error showing under the "Backup" column. The error shows as "Failed:The system cannot find the file specified":
[attachment=0]attachment 2.png[/attachment]

So really this is a twofold issue:
1. Why are the reports showing as having failed items but not displaying the file(s) that failed to backup?
2. Why are the file(s) failing to backup? I do see the file structure being created in the backup location, but indeed the file(s) that show on the backup logs as failed to backup are missing from the backup location. What I have found is that this most often occurs when files are NOT actually deleted, but rather they are MOVED, so they are being incorrectly identified as deleted vs. moved files (I do have the "detect moved files, move these files in the other side correspondingly" option checked. I also have the sync jobs running once per day vs. the real time setting.
Attachments
attachment 1.png
attachment 1.png (9.83 KiB) Viewed 5485 times
attachment 2.png
attachment 2.png (66.89 KiB) Viewed 5485 times
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Failed items not showing on email log

Post by RiseFly »

Because the task runs in realtime mode, the synchronization result is the summary during the synchronization. It may fail to copy some files, but it may synchronize these files successfully later; So the failed count is no zero, but the log file may not contain failed items.
ms5joseph

Re: Failed items not showing on email log

Post by ms5joseph »

These tasks are not running in Real-Time sync. They are set to run once a day on a schedule.