Error - Transfer 0sized files to FTP

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
7bpm

Error - Transfer 0sized files to FTP

Post by 7bpm »

Hi there,

I'm trialing out the Best Sync software since yesterday. I'm trying to get sync between 2 email servers, from the local one via FTP to a remote one.

I had my tasks working OK for most of the day yesterday and all was working fine. But now it is uploading zero-sized files to the remote FTP.

Is this a limit for the unlicensed trial version of Best Sync? or I'm doing something wrong?

I can't find any other details for the trial version on your website, apart from that it has the full features of Ultimate Edition for 30 days.

Thanks for your help,

Stavros
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Error - Transfer 0sized files to FTP

Post by RiseFly »

The problem is not the limitation of the trial version.
May be because the firewall setting is not set correctly, please refer to the following page for the Windows Firewall setting of FTP.
http://risefly.com/fseqna_ftp.htm
7bpm

Post by 7bpm »

There is no Firewall in the middle. It all goes over a VPN (from source to target server) where all ports are passing through and the Windows Firewall on both servers is turned off.

It might be a setting of the FileZilla FTP Server I'm running on the target server, but if I use FileZilla Client on the source server to transfer the same files to the remote, it all works fine.

The good thing, though, is that next time BestSync run's the scheduled task, it corrects the zero-seized files on the target. But still that's a problem cause until the schedule re-runs there are zero-sized files on the target.

Any other thoughts?
7bpm

Post by 7bpm »

I'm still trialing your software and I think I found what's going wrong.

If I set the 'Process multiple files simultaneously' property in the 'Copy Options' tab for a task to 1 (8 is the default), I'm not getting any zero-sized files on the target

I have all my tasks set to 1 file, for the last 8 hours now and I do not get that problem, so far at least.

Is that a bug? Any thoughts?
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

I have tested other FTP servers with the multiple threads option on, all works fine.
Are you using the latest version of BestSync 2016?