Share Tasklist.xfsf

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
tjblow

Share Tasklist.xfsf

Post by tjblow »

We run Bestsync 2015 on a windows server. I need to share the tasklist.xfsf file with another user so they see the way I have items set up the same way.
What files need to be copied and from where to what destination to have the second user see the same task list as mine when they log in under their id.
I tried to copy all the tasklist named files from under my users folder under application data\Roaming\Risefly\BestSync 2015 to their same folder under the second user's id. but they still only saw their old task list.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Share Tasklist.xfsf

Post by RiseFly »

The following page describes the path of the setting files.
http://risefly.com/help/logfile.htm
You can copy the setting file to the setting folder to use it.
Please exit BestSync Application and BestSyncSvc service before copying the setting files.
tjblow

Post by tjblow »

I could use just a little more information here on this...
To get another user to see the same tasklist.xfsf file as mine do I do the following?
1) exit out of bestsync app
2) shutdown bestsync service
3) copy tasklist.xfsf from c:\Users\{my folder}\AppData\Roaming\Risefly\Bestsync 2015
TO:
c:\users\{other user folder}\\AppData\Roaming\Risefly\Bestsync 2015
4) restart bestsync service
5) start bestsync application as new user

Any other files I need to copy?
Thanks for the clarification here ...
tjblow

Post by tjblow »

I followed the steps I posted earlier and looks like that worked, The other users can now see all the tabs that I had created.
Question?? If another user runs a task individually will the results been seen in the other tasklist.xfsf Also? Or would they only been seen in the user that ran the task it self. The jobs that run as a service should correspond I would think.
RiseFly
Site Admin

Post by RiseFly »

If users use different XXX.xfsf (different folder or file), then they can not see the settings of each other.
If users use the same XXX.xfsf (same folder and file), then they can see the settings of each other.
All the users share the same task settings that run as Windows Service.
tjblow

Post by tjblow »

Thanks for the update. That is what I needed to know.