After upgrade to BS 2015, PC reboots on shutdown

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
Sm33

After upgrade to BS 2015, PC reboots on shutdown

Post by Sm33 »

I have a situation where I recently upgraded BestSync to the 2015 version 10.0.1.5
Before I upgraded, I could shut down the laptop (Win 8.1), without problems.
Now when I shut down the laptop, it tries to shut down, then boots up again.

I diagnosed firstly with powercfg, nothing came up as the cause.
I then exited BestSync, then shut down the BestSync process in the task manager.
Result, the laptop shut down with no error.
Is there anything I can do with BS to allow a clean shutdown of the machine?
From what I have diagnosed, it seems reasonable to assume BestSync is causing these issues.

Thank you
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: After upgrade to BS 2015, PC reboots on shutdown

Post by RiseFly »

Hello,

No other people reported this issue. Basically BestSync does not affect the boot process of the OS.
Have you checked "Shutdown when all the tasks complete" checkbox in the main window?

best regards
Sm33

Post by Sm33 »

Thank you,

This is not the first time I have reported a problem with BS that no one else has yet identified, for which which Risefly announced the problem later along with a fix.

I doubt the "Shutdown when all the tasks complete" is activated, would this not shut down the laptop in the middle of computing?

All I can say for sure at this moment, is:
When BS and it's services are running, when I manually shut down he laptop, it appears to shut-down, then reboots to the login screen.
When the BS service and task have been ended via the Task Manager, the laptop shuts down successfully and does not reboot to the login screen.

I am wondering if this has something to do with a BS service.
I have seen a similar reboot behaviour before on (Win 8.1), when a service is running, unfortunately I cannot say what happened with the problem.

I will re-check everything once more, and just confirm that I can shutdown the laptop with BS deactivated or uninstalled.
If the laptop shuts down successfully with BS innactive or not installed, then there is definitely a problem with (BS and the OS config) which don't appear with the other installed software.

Thank you
Sm33

Post by Sm33 »

I could not replicate the problem today, Risefly need not intervene at the present moment.

The laptop shut down without problems today.
I was told that after last Sunday, when I run diagnostics then shut down the BS App and Service manually via Task manager, the problem has not re-emerged.
I was unaware that the problem had vanished.
I will monitor the situation.

Thank you