Encryption - Decryption

Welcome to BestSync Support Forum!
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestion, please summit here, we'll try to reply you in short time.
Thank you!
Elrondus

Encryption - Decryption

Post by Elrondus »

Hello,

During the backup I’m creating the backup_xxx.zip file.
Unfortunately during my last back something went wrong and BestSync deleted all my original files – but the .zip files has full backup size.
Initially I though – great I still have my files I just need to unzip them .. but this method doesn’t work.
I need to enter the password to dencrypt this file – but I didn’t enter any encryption/decryption password in BestSync.

So I’m wondering if there is a standard password this tool is using or with which method I could restore my files.

Regards
RiseFly
Site Admin

Re: Encryption - Decryption

Post by RiseFly »

If Folder1 or Folder2 is also a ZIP archive and has the encryption setting, BestSync uses the setting of the folder to encrypt the file.
Please try the password of the Folder1 or Folder2 to see if the backup zip file can be decompressed.
Elrondus

Re: Encryption - Decryption

Post by Elrondus »

Hi,

in any case - using encrypt - decrypt from Explorer or going to the log file and trying to restore - I need to enter an password which I didn't setup.
Whitout password the decryption creates all the folder and files with 0 kb Size so it is just rebuilding the structure without the content.

It takes quite long to get the correct answer so I had to restore the files from other source.
Now I'm no longer trusting in the backup / zip file function of the product - because I was not able to restore my files from this source.

:? :? :? :?